GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kind of a dumb ??? but...
i have a 08 silvy cc, i just changed from stock 245/70/17 to the ltz stock 275/55/20, do i need to recalibrate my speedometer?

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
I dont belive its enough to notice one little bit. wouldnt worry bout it. Should be the same stock for stock

·
get down or lay down
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
as per: http://www.bigcustomwheels.com/info_specs.jsp

with the new tires:
Assuming that this is OEM tire and speedometer readings are correct. When speedometer reads 60mph (96.6km/h) actual speed will be 62.6mph (100.8km/h): 4.3% faster.

nothing to worry about honestly.
that is very helpful , thanks for the comparison app.
i want to get a live BB tune when and if they come to so cal., that should fix the speedometer, right?
i just wanted to make sure im not f-ing up my truck....thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have always wondered if you change wheels and tires and dont correct your speedometer do you record less/more miles..... for instance on this example where his speedometer is reading 60 but he is actually doing 62.... does the mileage record 2 less miles per hour that he actually is traveling? so in the long haul...(years) you could actually be reading less miles in your odometer than you have actually traveled??????

·
Resident Metal Head
5,527 Posts
that is very helpful , thanks for the comparison app.
i want to get a live BB tune when and if they come to so cal., that should fix the speedometer, right?
i just wanted to make sure im not f-ing up my truck....thanks
Yep, they'll tune it to your tire size to get rid of that problem.

i have always wondered if you change wheels and tires and dont correct your speedometer do you record less/more miles..... for instance on this example where his speedometer is reading 60 but he is actually doing 62.... does the mileage record 2 less miles per hour that he actually is traveling? so in the long haul...(years) you could actually be reading less miles in your odometer than you have actually traveled??????
Yep...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts