GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay well i kno this probly will not work and all but just seeing if any one has tried it. To take the spindle from a smaller nuckle kit like a trail master or something like that a 4 inch kit and putting it on a kit that does not use new nuckles like a regular drop down kit. The main problem i see with this all is the cv angles. Everything else should really just built up, and what do the cv spacers do, could that possible help, Just an idea to get a couple more inches.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
It has been done you have to use the whole kit though.....i wouldn't do it. CV spacers are necessary on knuckle lifts because the track width is increased by the knuckles. If you did stack lifts you would have to drop your front differential down more and then you'd have to deal with your steering setup. Its not worth it and dangerous in my opinion. Do you just want more lift or what?

·
concrete *******
1,923 Posts
he must be compensating for something :gayfight:

j/k

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
Won't work, how would you plan on dropping your LCA mount 4-6 inches? The knuckles are longer than stock, they're not like a lift spindle. Stacking 2 kits would definitely be unsafe, and an engineering nightmare :imo

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
I can think of a whole slew of issues that would go with trying that and CV angles are at the bottom of that list. It has to be rolling and alignable before worrying about getting torque to the CV's.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just asking i dont want to do it lol, just was wondering if any one has tried it or anything lol, no i like my hieght, i just wanted to see if any one has tried it.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup no problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts