GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got some 24" spinners and the one spinner stops spinning before the other 3 do. Why would this be? Does it just have to be brokin in or something? Or should I have it serviced or replaced? Thanks.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I've noticed alot of spinners in town spin at different speeds. Alot of times i'll see one "stuck" in place. Maybe the bearing in one of yours is bad? I'd definately have it looked at and fixed or replaced :bowtie:

·
Registered
143 Posts
no moving part is ever going to be absolutly, 100% identicle to another moving part in terms of friction. So, you'll never see all 4 stop at the exact same time. Yeah, they might be close, but never exact.

If your one is alot different than the others, then you could have a bad/sticky bearing as suggested or there may be some interference between the spinner and the rim.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
welcome to the world of spinners...

the bearings wear out fast and cause them to spin different. Dirt, dust, grease failure can all cause bearing problems.

Unload those spinners and get some real wheels

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see what your saying and yes I have seen such retards with PT cruisers and such with like some 8" spinners spinning like 3" away from the stock wheel! I am going to defiantly have the wheels guy check it out and see what he says about it. The other spinners are all very close together in spin length, all over a minute long I would say, and then this one is only good for about half that? I dunno. Is there anything I should do to take care of them specially? Thanks. :worship:

·
Registered
450 Posts
That yellow xtreme, isn't that the heat package , lol hahah, dealer puts some stickers on and calls it heat.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Come on guys, he isn't asking your opinions on spinners, he is asking for help with his. Everybody has their own personal tastes and that is what makes this sport more fun. I personally don't see anything wrong with that yellow truck. Let's keep this post on topic and offer help, not criticism :read:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Come on guys, he isn't asking your opinions on spinners, he is asking for help with his. Everybody has their own personal tastes and that is what makes this sport more fun. I personally don't see anything wrong with that yellow truck. Let's keep this post on topic and offer help, not criticism :read:
youre right

id say take it back to the place you got them and see if they will warrenty the ball bearing becasue thats what it probally is as much as you probally paid they should warrenty them :read:

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
nothing wrong with the yellow truck? maybe not just the guys opinion about it makes it double as bad

rolling in a stock truck on spinner and the guy thinks he's a customizing god.. no joke he's the biggest prick I've ever met.

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
unfortunatly this is just something that you are going to have to deal with. The fact is that the spinners are on a bearing system that will mess up constantly. Just about anything that gets in there is gonna slow it down (dirt, dust, road grime, etc.) Im assuming that you got the add on spinners and from what i have seen they dont last very long. When spinners first came out it wasnt uncommon to see them spin the entire duration of a stop light now guys are lucky if they keep spinning for a stop sign stop. Anyway get it checked out...also i wanna see some pics of this...casue most 19 year olds i know dont have a denali with 24" spinners...

·
[>
3,255 Posts
I dont know anything about them, But

I was sitting at a stoplight about a week ago and a blue Escalade came to a stop in the lane beside me but he was 1 car infront of me.
He had his front's spinning BACKWARDS and the rears turning the normal way.
I about laughed myself to death :LOL:

How is that possible? I have never seen that before in my life. :insane:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow thats really different? Spinners going in reverse! Anyway thanks for all the good ideas, i actually tried WD40 but it did close to nothing. I'll post pics as soon as I get it this all squared away, I did oddly enough pay for the mods my self and some of the truck, although 16+ year old kids in my city are already rollin Escalades, H2's, Navi's, benz, beamer, and anything else these white kids saw in a rap video that they know nothing about. Just thought I'd fill you in on the situation. :insane:

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Thank you! People always clown spinners when the fact is he's asking for help on getting them fixed, not what you guys think about 'em. Everyone has their own taste.

·
Member #66
4,024 Posts
BigBadDenali said:
Wow thats really different? Spinners going in reverse! Anyway thanks for all the good ideas, i actually tried WD40 but it did close to nothing. I'll post pics as soon as I get it this all squared away, I did oddly enough pay for the mods my self and some of the truck, although 16+ year old kids in my city are already rollin Escalades, H2's, Navi's, benz, beamer, and anything else these white kids saw in a rap video that they know nothing about. Just thought I'd fill you in on the situation. :insane:
so now it's only white kids... don't get race involved in this... it's not needed...

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
most of them are white kids LOL

the dude with the yellow xtreme didn't even place at the show and man he was pissed I was ROFL all evening.

as for your spinna's you can try to take them apart and repack the bearing just pull the bearing out and then put some grease in your palm (if you don't have a bearing packer) and push the bearing into the grease on both sides..

it will probably have to be pressed back into place

1 - 20 of 25 Posts