GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
cut the plug off and theres two wires ones the ground and the others the power. you can always pull the plug apart and see which wire goes to the center pin and which one hooks to the outer area, the pin will be the power wire.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
well, i'd just run a straight wire to the battery. I ran my wires through the a rubber boot in the front of my firewall. It runs strait down the steering column. If you had a OBS, u'd have to drill holes in ur firewall, which is annoying as hell.

To ground whatever ur using, drill a hole in some metal, scuff up the paint, and ground ur wire right there. Or if ur against messing paint up for a ground, run a wire back to the battery.

·
Registered
277 Posts
what he said, but if its something that doesnt allways need to be on like a radar detector you need to find a switched power source and go off of that. you can find a switched source at the fuse box

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
oh what are u gonna run off it? U might need a lower gauge wire depending on what ur running. Remember to put an in line fuse in too. But if u do it this way, what ever u run that way, it'll always be on, unless it has a remote turn on. Then u'd be fine, but if it doesn't and it relatively small. You could run it into ur fuse box on the side of ur truck(the one next to the steering column). If it doesn't draw that much power, run it to the fuse that says 4WD. It only turns on when u turn ur ignition on, so it'll turn off when u pull the key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts