GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty happy today, well, it started off I was pissed cause Memorial City mall parking lot is all fucked up, and I was getting angry at all the stupid drivers. I'm just driving around looking for a place to park, jammin the whole time, when I drive by a new Mercedes and the alarm goes off. :rocking: :rocking: :rocking:
I felt like I accomplished something. Just wanted to share. :evillol:

Anyway, does anybody know somewhere I can take my truck to get the SPL measured? I saw the SPL-meters they sell at Radio Shack, but those pieces only go up to 120dB, and my shit has to be louder than that.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
go to a crank it up and get it metered

·
Registered
832 Posts
120 DB's in a reg cab isnt impressive at all. I have seen guys hit all over the 140's with out cut outs. I think right now im in the low 140s.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
120 is pretty great in a reg cab.. there are plenty of ext cabs that won't get over 140 and the world record holder is in a van.

170db is something everyone should experience once in their life

·
Registered
832 Posts
never sat in a car that hit 170 but i was standing next to it with the door open looking at the subs as it hit 174.3. The guy that was sitting in the passenger seat....had diarhhea for a week! :read:

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
HA!.. stand next to 2 F-15 engines in full afterburner in a hush house... NOW THAT IS FUCKING LOUD!

·
Need to go faster!
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
onyx said:
HA!.. stand next to 2 F-15 engines in full afterburner in a hush house... NOW THAT IS FUCKING LOUD!
:LOL: Lol, when I first read this, I thought "What the fuck, how do you get an afterburner on an F-150?"...and then I read it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts