GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
adopt children not styles
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a good deal on a 2003 Sierra for about $15,000 but the only downside is that it has a sportside bed. About how much would it cost to swap the sportside bed for a fleetside bed? :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
New, don't ask. Used, $2k + if you can find it. I found a dude on FSC.com who wanted to swap, but otherwise I was s.o.l.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Yep the best bet is to find a used one. Going to be hard with that new of a truck though.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
You never know...check here and on fullsizechevy.com and ask around...you may have to get the beds painted or sumthin like that, but u may find someone willing to trade...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Seven- You sure we're talking about the same dude? He actually emailed me about painting it, not selling it. Not that it matters to me though, my bed looks bitchin :) Didn't cost much really, just time and primer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i say get the truck, and if u can't find a fleetside the same color, get a different color and invent a new kind of two-tone :crazy: :insane:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sevenfold said:
I'm talking about the guy with the red single cab. Same guy (red signle cab) is now trying to trade his stepside for a fleetside.
yep it the same guy i cant make up my damn mind i thought the stepsides looked sweet and i still do but now there is a change of plans so oh well i dont mind i had a kick ass time in AZ anyways my problem is i change my mind to damn much then i f*** my self over :insane:

·
Registered
346 Posts
jgood2709 said:
i say get the truck, and if u can't find a fleetside the same color, get a different color and invent a new kind of two-tone :crazy: :insane:
Yup Just today I did a bed swap with another memeber, pretty sweet deal, I got his fleetside which is already shaved (tailgate,gas filler, stake pockets and molded rollpan) and he got my stepside with cover.. so Now im pimpin a indigo blue and pewter two tone..

·
Registered
346 Posts
yeah Ill have to take some pictures, Hey maybe I can start a trend LOL yeah right. oh and did I mention I have a black primer HD hood on too

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
How much would it be to paint two beds? My dads truck is pewter, mine is black and i could swap them hehe

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
well thers only 6 bolts holding the bed on, if you can get a couple friends togther, go steal one and carry it away
:LOL: Cheapest and easiest mod you'll ever have...grab some 03 Chevy tails while you're at it (make that two sets...you can sell me one :crazy: )

:kidding:

Actually...is there a reason for wanting a fleetside? I had a sportside on my previous truck, and I thought it had a nice flare to it. Less sportsides than fleetsides on the street. Just wondering though. Good luck finding a person to swap :bowtie:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Keep the sportside man, I have the only black regular cab stepside around here. Theres a red one thats a 4x4, and a white one thats on the other side of the *cough* town thats a pos.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine is a step side and I called a buddy of mine who owns a car lot. He said it was easier for him so sell a step side, He caaled me just yesterday to tell me he finally got a black fleet side in and it is an 03, He wants to swap straight up, Dude I am all over it. Good luck but you could call around to some used truck lots. :LOL:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
i have a way of getting NBS beds, but most are LWB. i'd have to check and see if there are any SWB beds. if so, they prolly wont be 2K.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts