GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in getting a line-x spray in liner, to go over the rail as well as some stainless tube bed rails. Should I get the liner done first or second? I am concerned the rails might not install properly after the liner is installed, so I thought I would get your opinion on here.

Also, any suggestions as to stainless bed rail brands I would be curious to here. My current choice is putco.

Thanks,
Deltron

·
[>
3,255 Posts
There should be no problem at all. Do the liner first so everthing gets covered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.. Do you know of any pics with the setup im describing? I'm wondering if it will be too gaudy looking.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I have, err had, bed liner up and over the rails and down about 1/2" on the sides, I liked it alot. I'm not a fan of the stainless or chrome bed rails though...

·
Registered
832 Posts
dont go with the stainless bed rails. If you ever have to load anything that is a lil big for the bed or need to stand on the bed sides...it will be hard to stand on em and there is a good chance they will bend. Go with the flat diamond plate(stainless) or just leave it linered.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
No tube bed rails, no diamond plate, just spray liner. :read:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:head: Ok, I think I have officially cancelled plans for the bed rails. I saw a couple trucks with them on the way home from new hampshire this morning.. It definitely didnt look as good as I was hoping it would.

chrome bedrails are so 1996.
:LOL:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
deltron said:
:head: Ok, I think I have officially cancelled plans for the bed rails. I saw a couple trucks with them on the way home from new hampshire this morning.. It definitely didnt look as good as I was hoping it would.

:LOL:
good, that will save u a lil bit of money for better mods. :rocking:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, now I have a $70 gift certificate for a truck place near me. I would get the spray in done there, but they dont do line-x. They do have K&N air filter kits, and other stuff like that. Any suggestions for what to do next?

Some things I want to do, but probably cant get there:

Escalade Handles
Colormatched Mirrors
New Tires (BFG A/T or Dueler Revos - 265/75/16)
Some A/V Stuff for inside.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
dont go with the stainless bed rails. If you ever have to load anything that is a lil big for the bed or need to stand on the bed sides...it will be hard to stand on em and there is a good chance they will bend. Go with the flat diamond plate(stainless) or just leave it linered.
I'd hate to se eyour bedsides if you are standing on them, people just leaning on mine you can see them flex ... not much strength there.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
can i have my bed rails sprayed with line-x?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
bcubed said:
I'd hate to se eyour bedsides if you are standing on them, people just leaning on mine you can see them flex ... not much strength there.
Are they really making them that thin now? I know in the 88-98's I can jump up and down on them and they don't move... Not to mention drop lumber and sacks of concrete and everything else on them.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
willyswanter said:
Are they really making them that thin now? I know in the 88-98's I can jump up and down on them and they don't move... Not to mention drop lumber and sacks of concrete and everything else on them.
Not like you have bedsides :head:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Well I used to and did all kinds of stuff to them and they never moved... When I cut through them with the plasma there was 3 layers of sheetmetal, bit over 3/16" thick total.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I stand on mine, jump up and doen and trhow logs etc in there and they are fine. Everyone says they are so weak on the new trucks....maybe i have just had good luck?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just got the line-x sprayed in yesterday, it looks reeaaal nice. I definitely dont want to add bed rails anymore, they would look a little out of place methinks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts