GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like it's comming from the front LH side of the engine. I have checked the PS fluid and it looks good. I does it really loud in the cold mornings. Any ideas?

LK

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sure it's not the fuel pump? I know you said front, but check back on drivers rear when you start it up, it can whine pretty loud. or the alt.

Andrew

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Does the squak happen when you put your foot on the brake when coming to a stop (like when coming up to a intersection and you press down kinda of hard to get it stop right toward the end of the stop...if that made any sense...)?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is like a constant squeaking when the truck is running.

It's not the fuel pump, I can hear that too when the tank is low. I wish it was like the old trucks when you could just take one belt off at a time to find out the problem.

LK

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with my truck. The serpentine belt is only 4 months old. Thought it was the alternator, so replaced it. That wasn't it. It didn't squeak for the first minute I had it started after replacing the alternator, but then it started again. Squeak and slight growl that comes with it sometime changes slightly when turning the wheel. Same frequency when revving, but speed of the sound increases with rev. Replaced idler and tensioner pulleys..that wasn't it, either. Need help with this please! it's getting annoying!

Thanks,
Rich

·
Is a ba
72 Posts
My guess is the AC condenser. Mine does it too. Kill it with fire.

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
Bearings are bad on the front of the AC compressor on my K5. Most. Annoying. Sound. Ever.

·
Is a ba
72 Posts
Bearings are bad on the front of the AC compressor on my K5. Most. Annoying. Sound. Ever.
I find it funny that every Chevy truck my family owns does this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently just fixed this problem on my truck, a friend of mine is a mechanic and gave me some belt lube and I applied it to the main belt. Afterwards the noise died down a bit, but was still noticeable so I got underneath the truck and applied some more of the lube to the other smaller belt. Once that was done the squeak was gone. It only made the noise in the mornings when it was really cold. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts