GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just Installed the 3.5 Inch rough country lift with newer upper arms. After installing and Greasing everything I Am getting a good squeak on compression Or maybe its on Un compression. I hear it when I go up a road Speed bump. or if I go up a curb at a angle. Any ideas would be GREAT as I can not drive my Vehicle until this is resolved.

My only running theory is that I over loaded the bottom 2 bolts in the bottom A arm By adding 3.5inchs of suspension lift and a new upper Control arm. In that case im hoping I can just loosen those bolts a turn or something.

Please help. Thank you

P.S this is on a 2014 Silverado Dubble cab 1500 4x4

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another area of concern in the front end (might be related) My CV axle comes with in 1/64th of the top of one of the bolts holding the bottom of the strut into place. (this is on flate ground) Am I bashing this bolt with my CV axle when I compress?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Is the bolt coming up from the bottom? If so flip the bolt and have it go through the top. Your squeak is probably your strut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the bolt coming up from the bottom? If so flip the bolt and have it go through the top. Your squeak is probably your strut

I was thinking the Strut also. what could be wrong with it? Not sure where to start there. Just take the thing apart again and re assemble? Shrugs idk..

So far Per Rough Country.. I have checked the spacing between drive shaft and knuckle clearance is fine

I have also loosened the 2 bolts in the lower control arm and bounced the front end a handful of times to reposition the grommet. This did nothing

Than they pushed that a alignment would fix the problem. against my opinion I went and got the alignment (ofc I needed it anyway) This did not fix the problem.

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what about sway bar end links?
Turns out 1 bolt on each side of the shock tower was hitting the cv axle. I took a grinder and took off 1 inch of the top of the bolt. (it could not be taken out and pointed down.)

I also heavily greased the hard rubber on the sway bars.

This and alittle slamming the front end into some snow banks and everything is set good and feels and sounds solid.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Turns out 1 bolt on each side of the shock tower was hitting the cv axle. I took a grinder and took off 1 inch of the top of the bolt. (it could not be taken out and pointed down.)

I also heavily greased the hard rubber on the sway bars.

This and alittle slamming the front end into some snow banks and everything is set good and feels and sounds solid.

Good thing you don't have a fts lift

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
I'm confused. That lift comes with a upper spacer only, the bottom using stock parts. How was that hitting? Wait till them bjs shit the bed

·
Registered
206 Posts
I believe he's referring to the lower shock mount bolts. When the bolts are running from the bottom up the one closest to the rear of the vehicle is too long and can come in contact with the cv shaft...how a metal bolt grinding up against a metal shaft makes a "squeak" noise is beyond me though

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm confused. That lift comes with a upper spacer only, the bottom using stock parts. How was that hitting? Wait till them bjs shit the bed
The kit also comes with upper control arms.

·
2008 RCLB
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I believe he's referring to the lower shock mount bolts. When the bolts are running from the bottom up the one closest to the rear of the vehicle is too long and can come in contact with the cv shaft...how a metal bolt grinding up against a metal shaft makes a "squeak" noise is beyond me though
Shrugs.. I don't know either but hey. Noise is gone. And I am satisfied so far.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts