GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I jab the gas hard from a stop, I get a squeak sound from what appears to be the real left wheel. It may be nothing but normal sounds after 30+,000 miles. It was not there before. I took off with my head out the door as i held it opened and it sounded like drive shaft, axel noise.

any thoughts?? oh - 04 sierra auto with the 4.8.

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
U sure its just not the tire(s) breaking loose momentarily? lol

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd wish lol. Hope it is not much. Truck is under warenty, but I have a dyno tune and vett servo. I don't want them to drive it and say, "it's shifting too hard" and try to reflash my computer for whatever reason. Although the tuner would retune it for free.

Any thoughts on the squeak? Almost sounds like frame/ body mount flex.

Can the tuner just reinput my tune, if GM reflashes, without having to subject my truck to the abuse of actually dyno tuning it again?

thanks,

Mr. 960

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Does the noise go away or get less loud if you let off the gas? Is it RPM dependent? I had a rear u-joint going bad once that squeeked like crazy as I took off but the noise would let up once I was up to speed and let off the gas. Something to check out maybe...

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update- it has rained quite a bit hear after a long dry streach with no rain. During the rain I could not get my truck to squeak on take off, although I could not take off too fast due to wheel spin.

Today it stopped raining and i went to fill my tank and drove around taking off hard from stops - no squeaks! I stopped of course, no sense in abusing my truck. Any ideas where the squeak is coming from when, and if, it returns?

thanks!

Mr. 960

1 - 5 of 5 Posts