GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
jesus marian hossa
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my NNBS 4.8 is squealing like a pig. it's not like belt is trashed hurts your ears squealing, but i can hear it loud and clear in the cab. it gets higher pitched when i shift into drive from park, and goes away after about 1300 rpm's or so.

i've had it into the dealer twice, the second time three days after the first because the squealing came back in about an hour. i just picked it up for the second time, they said they cleaned everything and replaced the belt a second time and couldn't replicate the problem. they wanted to keep it for another day, but i need it until next monday at least.

any ideas? it's starting to annoy me, and i don't know if i'm being dicked around(i don't think so, the guy at the dealer is super super nice.)

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Did they check to see if the pullys are loose? Or if there is any crap on the pullys?

·
jesus marian hossa
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he said that it didn't do it when the belt was off, so they don't think it's a pulley.

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Well if the belts off, its not turning any pullys, therefore it would not make any noise with the belt off.

·
jesus marian hossa
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you know what? i didn't think about thato

·
00Silverado
2,104 Posts
Your crank pully would be the only one moving and chances are its not making the noise. Your tensioner pully, 1 or 2 guide pullys and alt. and power steering pullys are not moving.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I agree on idler and tensioner pulley. Remove belt and re-spin pulleys to check for a dirty or gritty feel when turing pulley. A good quick check for belt squeak i do alot is.. Start car get it to squeak then spray belt with brake clean if noise goes away its the belt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts