GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 06 silverado single cab short bed, ever since i put shackles on the rear i have a nasty squeek coming from shackles and the rear of the truck, it did this on my 05 as welll... anybody know what to do. i have sprayed degreaser on them and cleaned them out with a power washer and it still does it. when i take off from a dead spot, going over bumps, braking hard, etc.... please help... thanks

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
loosen the shackle bolts and check the leaf clamps in the front of the springs for junk and power wash them.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
I had the same problem recently. I covered the shackle and leafspring with oil and WD-40 (I was a little aggravated) and jumped up and down on the bed till it worked it's way in and solved itself.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I had the same problem recently. I covered the shackle and leafspring with oil and WD-40 (I was a little aggravated) and jumped up and down on the bed till it worked it's way in and solved itself.
You should use real grease. The WD40 will wash out fairly quickly.

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
Yeah, I loosened my bolts up, sprayed silicone in there, put grease in there, and tightened them back up and jumped on the bed a bit. Worked perfect for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts