GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an '04 extended cab 4-door and the driver's side doors squeek when ever I drive over rough roads, has anybody had this problem and what did they do to fix it. It's going to be fixed by the dealership,what ever it is, I just want to make sure they are not feeding me a line of Bull! :pissed:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
my passenger door does it!!! dealer ship "couldnt hear a noise" when i took it in. now i have to go back :cussing:

i have a very strong feeling it is the upper door hinge on my pass side. i can see where it is wearing sideways marks on the metal where it connects. it shouldnt be moving when its closed :flame:

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
clarify-my driver door also makes a ton of chatter. not sure what your squeak is like, but my pass door is a mechanic rattle thats very loud. the driver door is like rubber and metal rubbing together(as if the door doesnt shut tight).
all in all, very unhappy with the quality of this truck so far :bawl: looks like another trip to the dealer for me

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Hawkeye said:
It's going to be fixed by the dealership,what ever it is, I just want to make sure they are not feeding me a line of Bull! :pissed:
mine does the same, dealership says it's normal and won't fix it. i'm going to remove the door panel and see if i can't fiberglass the backside of it to make it more solid. it squeaks because it's so damn flexible.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
the extended cab design is extremely flimsy IMO. not very well built at all. i wish i would have thought about it more before i got it. but having the doors only attach to each other doesnt work very well at all. they need a solid attachment point for the front imo.

and Ryan, remember your door fix, with the 15mm nuts on teh bottom latch point, how is that holding up?

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
Jeff said:
the extended cab design is extremely flimsy IMO. not very well built at all. i wish i would have thought about it more before i got it. but having the doors only attach to each other doesnt work very well at all. they need a solid attachment point for the front imo.
agreed. the front inner panel also needs to be one solid piece.

Jeff said:
and Ryan, remember your door fix, with the 15mm nuts on teh bottom latch point, how is that holding up?
that only fixed the rear doors from rattling. my rear doors had over an inch of play when latched, i moved the anchors in and tightened them up. the rear doors are more solid when latched but the fronts still squeak.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
ill give the dealer another try then tighten up those latch points. rear driver squeaks bad latlely, and the front driver, well the window rattles when fully up most of the time.

the pass rear upper latch is broken or something, so i dont think ill mess with the lower latch point just yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts