GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking in to this swap and was wondering what all is needed besides the bumper cover. I appreciate any help. Thinking about selling mine and getting an SS one. I just want to know what parts are needed so I can figure out how much everything would cost. Only want a factory SS assembly not aftermarket. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumper skin, both ducts, grille, and brackets. I have about a grand in my front bumper alone.

ss2.gif
SO looking at that picture. Does the bumper cover go over the stock metal one?? Remove the top pad and bottom valance and then the SS cover go over it??

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
I was looking into one awhile ago and it gets pretty expensive. The street scene aftermarket cover isnt so bad tho.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Im not sure what company makes it but it looks exactly like the OEM SS bumper, only the brake ducts arnt removeable. Looks better than the Street scene one.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking into one awhile ago and it gets pretty expensive. The street scene aftermarket cover isnt so bad tho.
I was just looking at that but I'm not digging the idea of my bumper being held on by double sided tape. You know what I mean? I'm either going to spend the cash and do the factory SS or just stick with what I got. I'm not the type to sacrifice quality over looks.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
You can rivet it or screw it on on the ends. Seemed pretty solid on my old truck :shrug:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts