GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I paint my SS vents silver or leave them as is? I plan to put foglights down there too if that makes any difference. My HD hood should be put on this weekend too :head: Anyone need a stock hood and a Tahoe grill? PM me.

3-3.jpg

1-1.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
Where did you get that bumper from? Is it OEM? Also, I would leave them that color :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2kSub said:
I like the grill inserts, would they fit my 2000 suburban? Is that what you are getting rid of?
No, I just got the inserts put in. That's actually a factory Silverado grill I got from Austin a while back and got the gray part painted. I removed the all chrome Tahoe one. That's what I'm getting rid of.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
It looks great, I would leave it as is .. painting it silver would draw too much attention to them, and I think it looks better colormatched.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
bcubed said:
It looks great, I would leave it as is .. painting it silver would draw too much attention to them, and I think it looks better colormatched.
Werd I'm with cube on this

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Im also with cubed on this one...on that color truck, it would look better colormatched...on some black trucks it looks good silver (like intro wheels i believe) but on a dark red truck like that, it looks really good colormatched. Keep it the way it is...and the HD hood is gonna look fuckin awesome

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
i actually disagree with the colormatched vents. i think that if they were silver they'd tie in better with the chrome of the grille and headlights. but either way, you got a sweet truck and can't wait to see that HD hood.

·
I will NOT cowboy up!
1,948 Posts
i'm trying to get as much experience as possible in photochopping, so i whipped this up quick for ya.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
thoose the stock mirrors sanded down and painted? For some reason i'm thinkin that the escalade has painted mirrors... but i'm prbly mistaken

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2k1slvrdo said:
thoose the stock mirrors sanded down and painted? For some reason i'm thinkin that the escalade has painted mirrors... but i'm prbly mistaken
Yeah, they're kinda the stockers. They're the 03 Signal/folding ones from a Tahoe. I got em painted all one color when the other stuff was being done.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
nm... i was lookin at the caddy website... the escalade just has painted caps... i guess for some reason my gf's moms escalade platinum edition has painted mirrors :think: Or i might be mistaken...

Does the power folding work on ur truck? I wanted to switch them out ever since i saw that the escalade did it

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2k1slvrdo said:
Does the power folding work on ur truck? I wanted to switch them out ever since i saw that the escalade did it
Yeah, they work. I used the folding switch from an 02 Escalade.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
SIN said:
Yeah, they work. I used the folding switch from an 02 Escalade.
Damn ur truck looks tight! Does the reverse feature work where they tilt down? Is that the factory color? I wanna smooth and paint my mirrors also :drool: :rocking: :head:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts