GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding in front of the dealership the other day and in the front was a RCSB new model truck, but it had what looked like a SS front end on some 20s and some badges on the side I couldn't read ... is someone making a RCSB SS as a custom job? I should have stopped, but I didn't .. it basically looked like IntroWheels truck, except stock SS height.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
I think the SS should be a single cab. This is how I would make a silverado SS if I could. Start out with a RCSB 2wd (not Awd), drop in the new corvette 6.0L w/400hp, then add a super charger, with a 6spd manual trans. Now that would be a "Super Sport"!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
that would be a nice lil setup...S/C vette 6L...that would be pushin prob 600 hp...AWD might be nice for something like that off the line...unless u like buyin new tires for 20s ever month...

·
Handshake Drugs
310 Posts
or it might have been an RST. I think regency and foose is backing the RST. I think they have a 4.8 w/ 6spd. and maybe headers and exhaust. my friend said theyre pushin more hp than the 5.3

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
RedneckDude said:
that would be a nice lil setup...S/C vette 6L...that would be pushin prob 600 hp...AWD might be nice for something like that off the line...unless u like buyin new tires for 20s ever month...

why would it need new tires? i really dont think itll spin all four for very long :read:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
2wd with 600 hp in a pickup will spin them all day long...i was sayin that AWD would be better if you like to keep some rubber on your tires...

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I think the SS's SHOULD have been originally manufactured in a reg cab....

An AWD 6.0 Reg Cab would be freaking sweet.

·
'03 Silvy
49 Posts
I agree... shoulda been done in a regular cab :insane:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:word: times like 20,000

I want to see a Reg Cab SS :bawl:

They just recently started making a light duty 2wd pickup with the 6.0L. I guess they are on the right track, but as of now it only comes in Ext. Cab.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The truck I saw in town that day was at the Show today, it's a Joe Gibbs Chevy Truck that our local dealership is selling. It's not really an SS clone, not the same front end etc, but with the blower and stick it might wheel destroy a real SS :head:

It's a stick, 120 mph speedo, 20s, 4.8 (or 5.3) one sticker said one thing the other something else, and an Eaton supercharger :drool:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Black_Chrome said:
Only the 4.8 has the standard tranny available, and all 03 and up models have the 120 mph speedo
Ok, so it must have been a 4.8 ... but the speedo was the silver/chrome one, very nice looking :head: and the truck also had a K&N drop in filter and Corsa exhaust system.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Truckin has it in their mag this month. Sport Truck had it in theirs a month or so back. Why did Joe Gibbs start with the 4.8? Why not build off the 5.3 and make an even hotter truck? :think:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
if i was gunna build the Silverado SS, I would basicly take a 4WD 3/4 ton with the 6.0 and 4l80e, but as a single cab. Then supercharge it :read:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts