GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard some of my friends saying that you can stack tunes, like a PCM and a programmer, or two chips or whatever. Is this possible? Wouldn't one tune overwrite the other? I personally think they are idiots, but can anyone enlighten me?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
cant do it... one will override the other if I'm not mistaken...

·
Registered
213 Posts
You can't "stack" tunes on gas trucks, because the only tuning on them is PCM tuning. Diesel truck have both PCM tuning now and "fooler" boxes that trick the sensor and injectors to spray more fuel. On a Diesel, you can stack a PCM tune and then a fooler box, but it is not recommended. You can also use 2 fooler box's, which is the most common type of "stacking".

With EFILive tuning D-maxes, there is really no need for stacking boxes, or boxes period. You can build any tune you want with it for the PCM.

Gassers, don't use fooler boxes, so it would not be possible to stack them. If you reflash a PCM with another tune, it has to erase the previous tune, before it can program the new tune.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
They're foolish. :rofl2:

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I heard some of my friends saying that you can stack tunes, like a PCM and a programmer, or two chips or whatever. Is this possible? Wouldn't one tune overwrite the other? I personally think they are idiots, but can anyone enlighten me?
Just ditch your hypershit and get a mailorder tune or EFI Live.

Also you can't stack tunes because mail order tunes are usually agressive enough and there becomes a law of diminishing returns until you actually hurt performance

·
Registered
544 Posts
I guess you could call using a fixed resistor for the iat and coolant along with a tune a "stacked" tune for a gasser, but then that defeats the purpose of an electronically controlled engine when going with fixed values.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts