GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im posting this here so these lowered showrooms guys who have spotless rides can help me out :bowtie: . I have WELD sidwinder polished aluminum rims that have what im pretty sure are water stains from it raining one night and being 90 degrees the next day. The spray on wash off stuff doesnt get it off so i was wondering what you guys recommend to get it off.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
KoTToN said:
Ok im posting this here so these lowered showrooms guys who have spotless rides can help me out :bowtie: . I have WELD sidwinder polished aluminum rims that have what im pretty sure are water stains from it raining one night and being 90 degrees the next day. The spray on wash off stuff doesnt get it off so i was wondering what you guys recommend to get it off.
You said they are polished, do you know if they are clearcoated? If they are, you can't polish the stains out. If they aren't clearcoated, just get a good aluminum polish and shine them suckers up, seen some goof things said about Mothers Billet Polish lately.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Use Mothers Mag and aluminum Polish. Just put some on a rag and rub it back and forth on the spots. It'll take a lil elbow grease but they'll come right off.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tnx guys u actually have some in the garage for my girls billet grill so when i get a hour :bawl: to work on my rims ill see if i cant shine them bitches up. I dont think it has a clear coat but i could be mistaken.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
KoTToN said:
tnx guys u actually have some in the garage for my girls billet grill so when i get a hour :bawl: to work on my rims ill see if i cant shine them bitches up. I dont think it has a clear coat but i could be mistaken.
When you put the polish on, if the rag don't turn black, they are clearcoated .... if they are raw aluminum the rag will turn black and you will know it's working :read:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys i used that mothers and it worked awesome and took off all the water stains. I wish i had a higher quality digi cam but you can kinda see the mirror finish here.

000_0645.jpg

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Looks good :head:
Great shine job you did there!

Now If you could just keep them clean :crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
KoTToN said:
Ok guys i used that mothers and it worked awesome and took off all the water stains. I wish i had a higher quality digi cam but you can kinda see the mirror finish here.
That looks nice :worship:

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the comments guys heres a pic of the left side with both wheels done.

000_0646.jpg

·
rockin wheelies
284 Posts
Badass truck i like the push bars on the front :head:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I use Xtreem alot cleaner and easier to use than Mothers billet polish :head:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts