GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes have a fairly spongy pedal. Its really noticable when doing a panic stop from 60 for about the last 30-40 feet, it just kinda rolls to a stop. Initially it grabs great and ABS kicks in, but once its down below 20mph or so when it should be really clamping down, it seems like its just rolling gently to a stop.

So, I was wondering for those of you that installed the stainless brake line kits from Russell or Earls if they made a difference.

·
DisgruntleD
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tis an 03. The rest of the system was gone over and bled when I installed the SSBC rotors and EBC Greenstuff pads about 6 months ago. Although I suppose the brake fluid could stand to be flushed. I may just be thinking its slow. Next time I drive the wifes Avy I am going to see what that stops like so I have some comparison.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Put them on my Ford, seems to give a firmer pedal for the most part.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
After I did the Baer kit on my truck, I noticed under hard braking it would feel very spongy, just like you stated. After running Earl stainless steel brake lines, it went away. I say it is one of my best upgrades so far. I no longer have to worry about it feeling "weird" while braking. Gives me that safe feeling that my brakes wont give out.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Put them on my Ford, seems to give a firmer pedal for the most part.
On my 94. Fiiiiirm pedal. I like it. Way too much of a contrast between my trucks before. It was f'n me up when I'd drive one for a week or so, then the other. I'd either be almost crashing into people, or nose diving way short :lol:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
On my 94. Fiiiiirm pedal. I like it. Way too much of a contrast between my trucks before. It was f'n me up when I'd drive one for a week or so, then the other. I'd either be almost crashing into people, or nose diving way short :lol:

Yup, it's nice. LLO I do the same shit when going from a car back to the Ford, almost lock up the brakes when I first hit the pedal. :rofl2:

·
Registered
807 Posts
i did the russel SS lines on my truck a month back and my pedal SUCKED...soo bad i could push it to the floor with my hand. after the lines, nice firm pedal that puts my face in the dash...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts