GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy i work with offered me $300 for the stainless tube steps that came on my truck when i got it. I bought the truck new and they were only on long enough for me to find a 13/16 socket. Just wondering if he is low ballin me or not. I don't have a fucking clue where my window sticker is so who knows what they're worth. genuine GM btw.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Considering you don't want them, and they are "used" the price is ok. Sure the GM ones cost more, but that is typical for OEM products. Could "better" ones be found aftermarket? Probably so. BUT the GM mark means a bit to people. Ask for $350 and see if you get it. If not, take the $300 and buy yourself something nice for the truck.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Considering you can get aftermarkets that look identical to them for around $400 I think that $300 for them is good. I would definitely take it. I barely got $200 out of the Westin steps I had on my 02 Extended Cab and they were in perfect condition.

·
Popcorn Sutton's BFF
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ask for $350 and see if you get it. If not, take the $300 and buy yourself something nice for the truck.
Will try for a bit more. I just ordered tow mirrors too so 300 will cover that:hmm:

I just had mine replaced for the tune of $700, OEM.

/I didn't pay that, another party did :crazy:
good lord thats alot. if they're the ones in your sig they are just like mine.

Considering you can get aftermarkets that look identical to them for around $400 I think that $300 for them is good. I would definitely take it. I barely got $200 out of the Westin steps I had on my 02 Extended Cab and they were in perfect condition.
sounds good then. consider them sold i suppose

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
i sold mine for 100.
Because we have salt, Westins rot straight through in 2 years and they're rather popular up here, OEM Stainless bars go for $300-500 all day long.

·
Registered
912 Posts
We don't have the salt problem around here. It MIGHT get cold enough once a year that they salt the bridges, but the bridges will be the only place that gets it. Definitely one of the things I love about the South!!

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
We don't have the salt problem around here. It MIGHT get cold enough once a year that they salt the bridges, but the bridges will be the only place that gets it. Definitely one of the things I love about the South!!
What's that, your Westin step bars don't rust out?

At least ya got that going for ya.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Dang, i did not know they went for that much....I paid 60 bucks for mine from one of my buddies..They were only 6 months old...Guess i got a good deal

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.