GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gotta be Lifted
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nbs 6+3+TB Crank with 38.5 sx's. When im ridin about 15-20 i can hear an annoying rattle like something is loose and vibrating. Could it be the bearings, brakes, or does the front end need lube?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
mine does that too.. i can't figure it out. Mine makes more of a vibrating noise. I always thought it was tire/wheel vibration because my tires haven't been balanced since God knows when. It seems to be worse right after my truck has been sitting for a while, like the tires aren't warmed up yet?? I dunno. I hope it's not a big deal

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
who knows, running those big tires on ifs tears shit apart fast, Try lubing everything and see if it helps. If not start checking things one by one, trying to create the problem at slow speeds so you can see where its commign from etc...

·
Gotta be Lifted
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dark Eternal said:
who knows, running those big tires on ifs tears shit apart fast, Try lubing everything and see if it helps. If not start checking things one by one, trying to create the problem at slow speeds so you can see where its commign from etc...

What exactly all do i need to lube

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
everything that has a zerk, to list a few:

pitman arm
idler arm
tie rods (ends and wher eit meets the center link)
balljoints
u joints if you have greasbale

·
Registered
44 Posts
i had a vibrating/rattling noise also....found out my brake calipers were extremely loose. a way to troubleshoot the brakes like that....at low speeds, they will rattle...esp if you are goin over any bumps. if it vibrates at that point....hit the brakes and see if it stops. when i had my foot on the brakes...it didnt rattle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts