GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No not womens underwear...

Started drawing my truck in AutoCAD today. This winters mods are going to be extensive and I want to do them all in cad before cutting anything to make sure it's going to be exactly how I want it. This is as far as I got today, you wouldn't believe how long it takes to get an exact scaled version of a very curvy cab in cad... Hard parts done, not I just have to fill in the corners and such and then start drawing tube.

Don't laugh at the temp. colors or texture quality :crazy:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Wow, thats amazing. Its really cool that you can test everything on a computer and not even make an actual cut on your truck. :rocking:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well on an 8700 pound fat biatch truck there has got to be some extra weight... You know, stuff like seats, carpet, insulation, wire, dash, air bags, headliner, etc... Also going to skin out about 70% of the body to where it's just the outer skin, no more internal structure junk...

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
much props in doing that in autocad its gotta suck

i could have done that in solidworks in about 2 hours but autocad i would proablly still be on the tires :crazy:

good job

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have solid works and 3dsmax but I've been using autocad for 14 years so I can do this stuff like it's nothing... I use solid works to figure out bends in flat plate and thats about it...

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
You know how to use 3dsmax too..? :insane: Well, I the main way to loose 2,000 pounds off that bitch would be to get your 350+ lb ass outta there! :anitoof:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yoskater said:
You know how to use 3dsmax too..? :insane: Well, I the main way to loose 2,000 pounds off that bitch would be to get your 350+ lb ass outta there! :anitoof:
Yeah I'm actually really good at 3dsmax... I had a pretty awesome 30 second animation I made for a final project in school but it got toasted along with my old hard drive... I had it on cd somewhere but who knows where that went. I spent about a month modeling it all. It was an earthquake scene inside a mansion. Scene was a guy driving up to the house, walking inside and into the family room, then everything starts shaking and a bunch of stuff breaks, at least I thought it was cool :D

Anyway, 350 pounds? More like 179...

I don't think you would want my cab file, I already chopped it up so it's no where near what a stock cab would be unless you go back in and change it all...

More updates:

Once I'm all done I am going to import it into 3dsmax for texturing and rendering.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Sweet. I played with Pro/Engineer back at trinity for a couple of semesters, that program really blew my mind, it was so slick. Made some fancy looking stuff too :D

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Some more progress:

Probably done for the day, have about 4 hours of total work into it so far since yesterday and I'm kind of burnt out for a while... I really like the way the tapered nose and tapered lower sides look :anitoof:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts