GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Member (Metalm0) sent over a few interior peices, Caddy Handles, and Tow Mirrors to get Smoothed and Painted.

JUst thought Id keep everyone updated!

Just start earlier this morning.. This is where I am now..

Got these smooth for primer... Not one spot of texture baby..

100_2628.jpg

100_2629.jpg

100_2630.jpg

More to Come soon!

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
You sanded the texture out?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before Mirrors gets torn apart...

100_2632.jpg

Mirrors Torn apart in 4 peices... Almost ready to start sanding...

100_2633.jpg

Couple peices of the tow mirrors ready to be sanded...

100_2634.jpg

More to come soon!

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
nice do want!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do you just use sandpaper to smooth out?

Sorry if it's a dumb question..
Looks great by the way..

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you just use sandpaper to smooth out?

Sorry if it's a dumb question..
Looks great by the way..
Yes I use 180 Sandpaper until 95% of texture is gone then I use a qucik 320 over that... Seems to get it smooth with no scratches... I try not to use anything rougher then 180 seems to tears up plastcs to me...

·
Fake 4wd Club
3,942 Posts
Yes I use 180 Sandpaper until 95% of texture is gone then I use a qucik 320 over that... Seems to get it smooth with no scratches... I try not to use anything rougher then 180 seems to tears up plastcs to me...
I was curious about this because I'm about to have all my plastics done and they guy doing mine said they lightly scuff them, shoot it with adhesion promoter , then a epoxy coat to fill in the texture, sand smooth, prime, then whatever color.

Pro's or Con's to different methods?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was curious about this because I'm about to have all my plastics done and they guy doing mine said they lightly scuff them, shoot it with adhesion promoter , then a epoxy coat to fill in the texture, sand smooth, prime, then whatever color.

Pros of doing em the way I do them....

Less material build up with primer, less chance of cracking on more flexible parts...

Cons.

Takes a crap load longer to do them they way I do them but, to me I feel Id rather spend the extras hours and do them riht and not dull the texture....

Ive seen it done both ways, just choice of preference on much you want to work on them....

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Sweet man looking good. Next paycheck I will probably have some more for you haha i appreciate it man.

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts

as long as they do good work they should turn out great, i've seen plenty of plastics done that way with no probs

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
want to sand a few of my parts? I'm in reedley, not to far from you

1 - 20 of 79 Posts