GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN The past for the last 2 years i have run into this issue, my truck will not start for 5-10 minutes and will randomly start again out of no where.. I believe it has something to do with the BCM Locking up. This problem will come and go from month to month and sometimes it will not do it for 6 monthes.. I have had this problem for the last 3 alarms i have put in and swapt bypass modules nothing seems to do the trick nor can anyone figure it out.

Now for the first time my truck wont start what so ever, i have waited over night and it will will not. Any Suggestions?

It Is pulling a Random Code (U1041 Unknown Code) and if i clear it, it will come back within a couple minutes.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Id try, and this is just a try, to run something like a 8ga from the kick panel to the dash to something like a metal dash bolt. Fords have this problem big time, it causes them to ruin heater cores

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a 2002 Chevy Tahoe

Forklift- Are you saying run the 8 gauge from kick panel to dash to get a better ground??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have also Read/ Hurd This In The Past

(( Is your security light flashing? If your Tahoe has the factory ant-theft system, if the security light is flashing while you are cranking your anti-theft system has been activated. It is common for the Tahoes to wear out the ignition lock assembly, lock cylinder and the ignition switch(electrical) which is attached to the lock assembly. I have replaced all three parts with great success and solved the no start problem on several GM trucks. ))

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Scott's right, sounds like a Ground issue.

Document ID# 1501160
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ABS Light On, DTCs C0265, C0201, U1041 Set and/or Loss of Communication with Brake Module (Reground EBCM Ground) #04-05-25-002A - (Apr 22, 2004)
ABS Light On, DTCs C0265, C0201, U1041 Set and/or Loss of Communication with Brake Module (Reground EBCM Ground)
2004 Buick Rainier

2002-2004 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003-2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

1999-2004 Chevrolet Silverado

2000-2004 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe

2002-2004 Chevrolet Avalanche, TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT

2003-2004 Chevolet SSR

1999-2004 GMC Sierra

2000-2004 GMC Yukon, Yukon Denali, Yukon XL

2002-2004 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL, Sierra Denali

2004 GMC Envoy XUV

2002-2004 Oldsmobile Bravada

This bulletin is being revised to update the Ground information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 04-05-25-002 (Section 05 -- Brakes).

Condition
Some customers may comment that the ABS light is on. Upon further inspection, DTCs C0265 and C0201 may be set in the brake module. It is also possible for DTC U1041 to set in other modules. There may also be a loss of communication with the brake module.

Cause
A poor connection at the EBCM ground is causing unnecessary replacements of brake modules.

Important
The EBCM Ground is different for each application. Refer to the list below for the proper ground reference:

Midsize Utilities = Ground 304
SSR = Ground 400
Fullsize Trucks and Utilities = Ground 110

Correction
DO NOT REPLACE THE BRAKE MODULE.

Perform the following steps to improve the connection of the EBCM Ground:

Remove the EBCM Ground. The EBCM Ground is located on the frame beneath the driver's side door. If multiple grounds are found in this location, the EBCM ground can be identified as the heavy (12-gauge) wire.
Clean the area, front and back, using a Whiz Wheel.
Install the bolt, ground and a star washer to the frame.
Install a star washer and nut to the backside of the frame. Tighten
Tighten the nut to 9 Nm (79 lb in).

Cover the front and back side of the repair area using Rubberized Undercoating.
Parts Information
FULL-SZE TRUCKS, SUV'S AND H2

Part Number
Description

Bolt

Washer

Nut

(in Canada, 10952414)
Rubberized Undercoating -- Paintable

MIDSIZE SUV'S

Part Number
Description

Bolt

Washer

Nut

(in Canada, 10952414)
Rubberized Undercoating -- Paintable

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

N9502
Ground Repair - EBCM Ground
0.2 hr

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Document ID# 1501160
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been doing more research on the issue and have seen several people say their ignition had gone bad causing the BCM to Fault. It would make sience that this could be the issue and would explain why it is getting progressivly worse now because i can hardly turn my key backwards, and when my key is in the on position I can literly just pull the key out of the ignition.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts