GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from the junk yard and picked up a dash for my 93. I plan on smoothin down the whole thing and glossin it up and swappin out my old one. But what can i do for the couple of vinyal pieces that are in the dash assembly. U guys have any ideas what i could do with those, possibly tear the vinyal up and wrap it with leather, or lay some glass over it and just smooth it out like the rest of the dash. i can already tell im gonna have a hell of a time swappin out the old for the new. but i think this project will be worth it. Also anyone got any other ideas besides just smoothin it out, any new interior crazes goin around that might look bad ass, other than the troll hair. :bowtie:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i hope to only glass the vinyal areas, as for the whole plastic dash i think some sandin and filler primer will do the work, i got lucky in findin a solid peice at the junk yard

·
Registered
17 Posts
that vinal on the face of the dash can be sanded. i painted the face on my 94 that was all vinal type stuff and it turned out good. it just takes more time to do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts