GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 silveraldo with a 5-6 drop but I want to go lower do you think it's smart to put bags on A daily driver ? and if so which is better air or nitrousoxide. :help:

dagoat
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
if you've got a 5/6 drop and want to go lower, i would say you have to go with bags. I can't imagine driving a truck any lower that 5/6 static.
 

·
I don't own a lowrider
Joined
·
4,694 Posts
I'd bag it with quality parts for a dailydriver (ART, KP Components, etc.) and you shouldn't have many, if any, problems
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
Daily driven bagged and bodydropped here. Nothing wrong with it unless you cheep out on parts or someone that doesn't have a clue does the install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,224 Posts
Werd Harley D had his OBS dropped to a 7/8 but it's bagged now and he drives it all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
:LOL: Nitrous Oxide, you might have trouble with your lines freezing and it Nitrous could get pretty expensive. I would personally bag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
I'm drivin the 6/8ish drop daily. Its one hell of a ride. I wish I had saved a little more and gone with bags. The KP cantilever/4-link is the rear kit I'm lookin into. For the front, I am going to do Air Ride Shockwaves.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
Body drops take a lot of time and $$, even if you do it yourself. This is mainly how one's done: Take everything off the frame, and cut off the top 3". Weld in 2x4 tubing to reinforce the existing frame that is left. The front end and bed require a lot of work also. A ton of work later, you put the cab, front end, and bed back on, and your body sits level with the bottom of the frame.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,120 Posts
KOEHRSENLB said:
ive heard yall talkin a lot about body drops...im just curious how it works. can anyone fill me in?
a tradtional body drop is when you either cut the floor out of a truck and lower it down over the frame until the body hits the ground and weld it back up theres more involed but thats the general idea

there also a stock floor bodydrop - a new frame is made that is not as tall but maybe wider. some people/shops cut and hack the old frame up and slide new peices in it to help it be stronger but thats a hacked way of doing it imo

there also channelling which on certain parts of the floor are cut and raised

do a search and you should find out more info on the diffrent types
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Beyond Static said:
I'm drivin the 6/8ish drop daily. Its one hell of a ride. I wish I had saved a little more and gone with bags. The KP cantilever/4-link is the rear kit I'm lookin into. For the front, I am going to do Air Ride Shockwaves.
DO NOT GET SHOCKWAVES

They pretty much suck. If your bag guy doesn't know how to install, then i would go that route. Just relocate your front shocks, and run cups. I know someone that had 2 sets of shockwaves. Both sets blew out on the free way for no apparent reason. ART wanted to replace them, but the damage to his truck wasn't worth geting yet another free set of shockwaves:read:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
I was dreaming when I posted that. I will prolly not do shockwaves due to the amount of $$$$ they cost. haha. I will prolly just do cups and bags one day soon.
 

·
samcarol
Joined
·
3,596 Posts
Beyond Static said:
I was dreaming when I posted that. I will prolly not do shockwaves due to the amount of $$$$ they cost. haha. I will prolly just do cups and bags one day soon.
good... i've never met a single person who liked their shockwaves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,351 Posts
tuckin22 said:
a tradtional body drop is when you either cut the floor out of a truck and lower it down over the frame until the body hits the ground and weld it back up theres more involed but thats the general idea

there also a stock floor bodydrop - a new frame is made that is not as tall but maybe wider. some people/shops cut and hack the old frame up and slide new peices in it to help it be stronger but thats a hacked way of doing it imo

there also channelling which on certain parts of the floor are cut and raised

do a search and you should find out more info on the diffrent types
Pretty much what he said, but there is alot of other stuff involved in a traditional bodydrop. It's a big job and easy to screw up if you don't know what your doing.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top