GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what people with FFR Tierods are using for shock boots for the steering? I have installed daystar rubber boots and they shred to pieces. I no longer have the stock boots. Any advice?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
They should be fine, I spray mine with some lube every oil change. No problems yet in the 4 years I have had them.

·
boogity boogity
995 Posts
I don't run them either but I think this summer I might try and rig my stock boots to work.

·
Hella
918 Posts
those look promising. Might have to give those a try.
:shake:

I've heard a few different opinions on them. I've never run them, nor have I ever known anyone to run them, but they do exist if you feel that you really NEED them.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
As mentioned, rod end boots are what you are looking for, but to be honest you are likely better off without them. They will trap water, sand, salt, gravel dust, etc and deteriorate the rod end bearing surface. You are better off just making it a practice of cleaning and lubing the rod end at each oil change or so, and/or after any exposure to salt, sand, etc.

·
Hella
918 Posts
They will trap water, sand, salt, gravel dust, etc and deteriorate the rod end bearing surface. You are better off just making it a practice of cleaning and lubing the rod end at each oil change or so, and/or after any exposure to salt, sand, etc.
This.

I wasn't sure how far I should endeavor into explaining "why" :favorites37:

:crazy:

·
boogity boogity
995 Posts
Any recommendations on what type of lube to use on them?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts