GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the river today and drove down the boat ramp for a romantic view :supergay: and then got a little carried away and went in a little to far and the front end fell off the ramp, which is basically a curb in the water. The water was up to about the top of my front tires. Needless to say, I eventually got out and then at the end of the street my steering was gone. Like my steering wheel wouldnt turn. I thought my power steering pump went out or something. And then I gave it a minute and then it went back to normal. But I leterally couldnt turn the tires an inch.

Any ideas? Should I be worried just driving down the road that this will happen?

Thanks

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
WTF? That sucks Justin. I wish I could help you, but I have no idea what could have gone wrong. I hope you had a lady friend at the lake for the "romantic view".

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
that happened to me today also i was doing donuts and i was sliding in the mud and for 5 seconds i couldnt move the steering wheel

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
out of what system? the power steering system?

I no cuz i went offroading in muddy water that deep so many times.

actually daniel..........it was just for me and my truck to enjoy lol......just broke up with my girl yesterady and thats where we used to always go and chill. :-(

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Sure it wasn't an attempted suicide?:pow:

The power steering pulley may not have been turnig. Wet belt, a little grease from somewhere, and it slides over. After spinning awhile, it begins to catch.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that might of been it cuz there was a bucnh of oil in the water, or gas or something.

yes it was not an attempted suicide. hell ive had one truck, i aint dyin till ive had atleast 4 trucks

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
The power steering pulley may not have been turnig. Wet belt, a little grease from somewhere, and it slides over. After spinning awhile, it begins to catch.
Yarrrr. Did not think about that. Perhaps (sp?) that is the problem.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
But Justin, did you get any pictures of the "romantic view"? Was it Lake Lanyer (sp?)?

EDIT* I reread and it was a riiifer not a lake. Disregard this postage.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nah it was the chatohoochee river. i have some old pics from times before, but nothing compared to this. i used to go half way up the tire......this time was over the front tire. it got all the dirtyness cleaned up though. ill try and find a pic

·
Registered
999 Posts
did you make a pyramid of cans in the pale moonlight? :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
river.jpg

i was in all the way above the front tire. it took forever to get out since my actuater is still broken and i had no 4x4

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
i was in all the way above the front tire. it took forever to get out since my actuater is still broken and i had no 4x4
Dude, go jank your ex's new bf's actuater off his truck. Then it will work. Pay him back for being such a woo'ing guy.:anitoof:

Just kidding. Dont jank anybody's actuater. Go buy a new one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts