GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be worth it to add a single pro comp steering stabalizer to my truck? I'm not fully sure on what it improves so I dont know if its worth 50 bucks lol

·
[>
3,255 Posts
It Stabilizes the Steering... Durrr !!

:crazy:

They can help out. But not everybody needs one.

I got a steering stabilizer. Works great. Helps dampin the small bumps and movements picked up off the hwy from larger tires so they are not felt so much in the steering wheel

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i tried to get one for mine and was told they dont offer one for the IFS trucks. you could only get them if lifted due to how it mounts. was told that by a NTW and 4wp guy at a Jambo.... is there any truth to this lol

·
Registered
405 Posts
i tried to get one for mine and was told they dont offer one for the IFS trucks. you could only get them if lifted due to how it mounts. was told that by a NTW and 4wp guy at a Jambo.... is there any truth to this lol
Some came from the factory with one. But if you don't have one of those there is a special mounting bracket you need if I am under the right understanding.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm told its a special bracket but most of the ktis are 50-80 bucks just dont know if should spend the money lol

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
its good to have for the stuff brandon mentioned. it is not a bandage for worn out steering parts :read: and its not to be used to hide problems. You SHOULDN'T NEED one. EVER. if you can't drive without one, you have issues...period point blank.

Its good for off highway use and to drop the severity of some bumps/bumpsteer. Could I live without one? yep, my steering parts are in good shape and all my front end geometry is about where it needs to be.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I put one on my '95 with the 315's...couldn't really tell a difference. I have pics if you want...I think I went with Superlift...it might be a Rancho though.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would love some pics.... i decided to wait till end of the summer though. My truck probably needs all new ball joints and such so i'm just gonna wait until I can afford to do all that at once with the new stabalizer. The truck will sit most of the summer anyways.

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Ive got one for a stock truck NIB sitting around my house somewhere if you want it.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bggrn it works on mine? Does it have the shock? how much thanks

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
Bracket and shock, got it as a gift but it wouldn't work with my Superlift kit. Sitting for a several years now. $10 to get me to box it up and drop it off at UPS and shipping?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts