GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one on their truck, particularly something like the rancho single? Since I bagged my truck I've got a lot more bump steer and wondering if this might smooth some of it out ... I know it's not something you normally see on a lowered truck. It might not do any good, but it was a thought .. any pictures installed would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NastyGMC said:
i have yet to see a steering stabilizer on an IFS/2wd chevy... i dont know if there such thing or not but i have never seen one.
How is the IFS/4wd front end different .. no rack and pinion?

·
[>
3,255 Posts
bcubed said:
How is the IFS/4wd front end different .. no rack and pinion?
correct! 2wd have Rack and pinion..
4wd have I think recirculating ball steering :think:
or something like that:crazy:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigBubbaBD said:
correct! 2wd have Rack and pinion..
4wd have I think recirculating ball steering :think:
or something like that:crazy:
Ok, I wish the 2wd's did too :nono:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Wow the 2wds have rack and pinion now? My 95 2wd had the regular sag box on it like the 4wds have... Anywho, you can fab up a mount but why not correct your steering geometry?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
willyswanter said:
Wow the 2wds have rack and pinion now? My 95 2wd had the regular sag box on it like the 4wds have... Anywho, you can fab up a mount but why not correct your steering geometry?
The only thing I could do is get the kit to flip the tie rod upside down, I have one of the better systems for the front end .. it just seems all bagged trucks have some bump steer and shimmy in the steering. I can live with it, thanks!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I looked in Rancho's catalog and they only have a "kit" for the 99-03 1500hd's, not the straight 1500's... Probably end up getting just the stabalizer and buying 4 weld on shock tabs from a race car shop and welding them on.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had an S-10 that was bagged granted it did have a little bit of the bump steer but it didn't have the shimming i'm not to sure what's causing that unless that's is just somthing that happens with the fullsizes.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
BuiltNotBought99 said:
I had an S-10 that was bagged granted it did have a little bit of the bump steer but it didn't have the shimming i'm not to sure what's causing that unless that's is just somthing that happens with the fullsizes.
its something that happens with fullsize:read:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
One thing to understand though, a dampener won't get rid of the bump steer, bump steer is a byproduct of improper steering geometry. The only thing a dampener will do is take some of the harshness out of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts