GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another steering wheel control question. I've done a little bit of research on here but have not come up with anything.
My truck has not had the lights on the steering wheel buttons work for quite some time now. So I decided to put LED's in them the other night. The top two radio buttons work and light up fine, but the bottom two buttons do not light up. They work all the DIC information fine but NO LIGHTS. Any input?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Here is another steering wheel control question. I've done a little bit of research on here but have not come up with anything.
My truck has not had the lights on the steering wheel buttons work for quite some time now. So I decided to put LED's in them the other night. The top two radio buttons work and light up fine, but the bottom two buttons do not light up. They work all the DIC information fine but NO LIGHTS. Any input?
LED's installed wrong would be my guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply Blue. They shouldn't be installed backwards, I can put power to them out of the vehicle and they light up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey Blue, I've been thinking about your comment, as was wondering, could the the LED's on the bottom have like a reverse polarity?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I would pull them out of the wheel and then take them apart and plug them in outside of the steering wheel. Then get a test light on them and see what part you get 12v at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts