GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Silvy NBS CCSB 5.3L Owner
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys...Is there some type of module out that will allow me to continue to use my steering wheel controls with an aftermarket touch screen deck?

any info...will be appreciated.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
PAC make them... you just have to match it to your HU.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PAC make them... you just have to match it to your HU.
So I did some research and found the same manufacturer that you mentioned PAC makes a module SWI-PS that's compatible with Pioneer head units.

I have a Pioneer p4000dvd.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
thats the one, not too bad to do

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Say no to color matching.
671 Posts
The truck isn't a diesel by chance is it? I had problems getting mine to program until I added a capacitor. The guy I talked to at pac-audio said to add that because of the voltage fluctuation. Added that and away I went.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The truck isn't a diesel by chance is it? I had problems getting mine to program until I added a capacitor. The guy I talked to at pac-audio said to add that because of the voltage fluctuation. Added that and away I went.
I have the 5.3L gas so hopefully that isn't an issue. Has anyone that owns a silverado w/ the gas engine have this problem?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the 5.3L gas so hopefully that isn't an issue. Has anyone that owns a silverado w/ the gas engine have this problem?
No. But I have an '05 Yukon with the 4.8L and I never could get mine to work. It's still behind the dash doing nothing. But I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong.

·
9,823 Posts
No. But I have an '05 Yukon with the 4.8L and I never could get mine to work. It's still behind the dash doing nothing. But I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong.
hit me up when you wanna try it again

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keith do you have the PAC swi-ps? What head unit are you trying to use it with?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Keith do you have the PAC swi-ps? What head unit are you trying to use it with?
I'm using the Kenwood 7017 double din unit. But if I recall, I think I have the SWI-X.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ya I have an 08 chevy CC with steering wheel controls and the Pioneer p4000dvd. I have the module but have not been able to get it to work. I am sure its something I am doing wrong. I bought the SWI-PS. I may have hooked some wires up wrong. If im not mistaken, dont you have to run one wire down to a certain control panel under the dash on driver side? And maybe disconnect a certain wire. I really don't know but I plan on getting back in there and getting it working one of these days.

In fact, a few months back, someone on here posted there phone number up and told me to call them when I had the dash pulled and ready to go and they would walk me through the installation process.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the one I just ordered on the net. The PAC SWI-PS.

When I attempt the install I'll post an update on the outcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I havent had any problems whether it be gas or diesel. Ive installed over 50 of either the SWI-X or SWI-JACK. Never the SWI-PS but its all the same. In all chevy trucks you can tag a light green wire going up to the steering column. Just meter it for changes in voltage by pushing each steering wheel control button. Programming is a breeze after that.

·
9,823 Posts
I'm using the Kenwood 7017 double din unit. But if I recall, I think I have the SWI-X.
Id swap that to the SWI-JACK, the SWI-X is for non Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, Jensen, Advent, JVC, Clarion and Sony radios
In fact, a few months back, someone on here posted there phone number up and told me to call them when I had the dash pulled and ready to go and they would walk me through the installation process.
that was probably me
I havent had any problems whether it be gas or diesel. Ive installed over 50 of either the SWI-X or SWI-JACK. Never the SWI-PS but its all the same. In all chevy trucks you can tag a light green wire going up to the steering column. Just meter it for changes in voltage by pushing each steering wheel control button. Programming is a breeze after that.
We never do the SWI-X anymore since all the Audiovox and Clarion radios get covered under the SWI-JACK

·
9,823 Posts
its actually changes in resistance or ohms, but you could check for voltage

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just received my SWI-PS from FedEx today. I may try and install my HU this weekend if I have time.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.