GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I’m new on the site. I have a 2002 Silverado 1500 HD. I love the thing and I would love to make upgrades to it. Before this I drove a 2004 GMC Sierra and the steering wheel felt different. Also it had buttons for the radio and DIC. I was wondering if I could swap steering wheels into my 02? I know the audio and radio buttons could work but what about the DIC. I have a DIC from an old Escalade. Could I connect them so the buttons could work on the unit or no?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!🙃

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,232 Posts
02 was the last year before big changes on how the bcm is used. Moral of the story is no. The dic in the 99-02 style trucks was not dash displayed either.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
It can actually work to a dregree. You can bolt up a 03-06 steering wheel, and use an aftermarket radio for the steering wheel controls. You also need a 03-05 2500HD or greater airbag, they were still single stage like 99-02s and will plug and play.

DIC is a no go due to BCM changes. There was an actual DIC module made for 99-02s, found on esky and Denalis. However that part was rare 5 years ago, be hard to find today.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts