GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Professional Mini Trucker
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought i'd show you boys and girls how I like to put together my valves. Makes for a cleaner install and fewer possibilities of air leaks. I used a 1/2'' tee block and installed reducing bushings for my new 3/8'' valves all around. I wanted more area on the side so I could drill and tap a 1/4'' NPT thread for my gauges.

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

The dump valve is on the left. Make sure the flow arrow points away from the tee. The fill valve on the right needs the flow arrow to point toward the tee.
DSC00446.jpg

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00444.jpg

DSC00450.jpg

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
same here but i used crosses. im to lazy to tap a extra hole...

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
thought thats how they always get plumbed, well atleast all 4 of my bagged trucks were like that cept no gauges

·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thought i'd put it up for those that may be wondering. Trust me when I say I have seen some crazyier setups

·
JOSHM on your g/fs tits
626 Posts
what are you using to seal the ports on your bags, fittings, and valves? Can you use teflon tape, my RE's say not to but I dont get why. Can I buy the loctite at a hardware or auto store. I didnt use anyhting right now and its a bitch moving my truck because it dont stay aired up long enough.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
what are you using to seal the ports on your bags, fittings, and valves? Can you use teflon tape, my RE's say not to but I dont get why. Can I buy the loctite at a hardware or auto store. I didnt use anyhting right now and its a bitch moving my truck because it dont stay aired up long enough.
Really?!...nothing?...I use teflon others dont like it...but nothing is crazy.

·
JOSHM on your g/fs tits
626 Posts
Its not final, its a project truck I was going to use teflon tape but the label said not too, Soo I just put the fittings in, the trucks not even plumbed yet because when I was bagging the front i didnt have the valves or anything. Im using all pushloks like Dajizz has show.

Do you guys use teflon on the bag side too?

·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never got why Slams say to not use teflon. Maybe cuz they don't want you to over-torque them with the aluminum plates the use. But I use teflon on everything. Tip: when putting on the teflon, put it on the same direction as you tighten the fitting. ie: hold the tape in your left hand and lay it on the top of the fitting, spinning it like you where installing on the truck. That way it doesn't try to "bunch up" on you

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
all these pics and not one of you mother fuckers have checkvalves. come on people. if this is for noobs then put pics up with checkvalves.
mine are like the guy right above me but with check valves.
i use the super small kp check valves.

fill
check
T to bag with guage port
dump
for this reason i try to mount the valves as close to the bag as possible when using check valves. you want the shortest piece of line to be unprotected.

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
all these pics and not one of you mother fuckers have checkvalves. come on people. if this is for noobs then put pics up with checkvalves.
mine are like the guy right above me but with check valves.
i use the super small kp check valves.

fill
check
T to bag with guage port
dump
for this reason i try to mount the valves as close to the bag as possible when using check valves. you want the shortest piece of line to be unprotected.
Naaaaah we like to ride dirty an get stuck on the side of the road! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts