GMC Truck Forum banner

Stepside Duramax, how common?

Question 
8K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  Covah 
#1 ·
I drive past a red 04 Ext. cab stepside 2500hd duramax on a daily basis, and the more and more I see this thing the more I just drool over it! I have heard its few and far between to find one that was factory offered, but just how rare or maybe the better question is has anybody else seen one/have one?

Currently selling my car and thinking I might look for a cab and chassis cheap with a d'max and put one of these boxes on.

#2 ·
Must be a custom job, NO D-Max ever came from the factory with a stepside bed.

#5 ·
#17 ·
They're called Pig Beds. Back in the day farmers would fill the back of them up with slop and shit for the pigs to eat, and the gay side steps were for pigs to climb up on to chow down.

Nice Pig Bed Man!

#18 ·
They're called Pig Beds. Back in the day farmers would fill the back of them up with slop and shit for the pigs to eat, and the gay side steps were for pigs to climb up on to chow down.

Nice Pig Bed Man!
Why you are not on the public relations board for GM, I will never know.

Doesn't look that bad. Think it being a crew cab makes it look it bit more out of place. Maybe better as an extended cab.

#19 ·
lol, I have a step side bed.

#26 ·
stepsides look good on reg cab trucks...but like i said, they shouldn't be on nbs crew cab trucks. just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.