GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the stereo in since October with no problems. Today I get out of the truck to head into work and the stereo stays on. Usually it turns off when I take the key out. I can turn the stereo off by the power button. However, I can also turn it back on with the power button even without the key in the ignition. Where should I start troubleshooting at?

The headunit is a Pioneer DEH-P4800MP. I used the wiring harness provided by Crutchfield to do the install.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Any amps? If so where is there turn on hooked to? If this is just a deck setup then it sounds like your deck has some internal problems.

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any amps? If so where is there turn on hooked to? If this is just a deck setup then it sounds like your deck has some internal problems.
Yeah, two amps. The factory one that powers the rear door speakers and then one for my sub. They are both hooked up to the blue wire in the harness.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
it could be an ignition problem, you usually cant turn radios on with the amp turn on backfeed from amps. Id pull the radio out, unplug the remote turn on, see if it shuts off. If it stays on reconnect it and unhook the red ignition wire and see what it does

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I leave work and hop in and turn the stereo on and all is good. Get to the gym and shut the truck off and the stereo turns off like normal. Weird shit! Thanks for your suggestions guys if it happens again I'll go through and check everything over.

·
HUNTING
941 Posts
So I leave work and hop in and turn the stereo on and all is good. Get to the gym and shut the truck off and the stereo turns off like normal. Weird shit! Thanks for your suggestions guys if it happens again I'll go through and check everything over.
the door jam electrical thing (don't know the proper name for it) might have been stuck. that happened to me once.

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the door jam electrical thing (don't know the proper name for it) might have been stuck. that happened to me once.
Does your stereo normally stay on though after you shut your truck off? I think the NBS stay on until you open the door. The OBS goes off when you turn the truck off or at least mine always has.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts