GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/METRA-70-2054-Harness-PONTIAC-BYPASS/dp/B00FMSCLOS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401291311&sr=8-1&keywords=OLDS+PONTIAC+98-04+AMP+BYPASS[/ame]

is this the right wiring harness i have found a few different plugs i thought i would ask hoping some one has done this before?

2004 gmc 2500hd

thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
No. Metra 70-2003 is the right one....well sort of. You have to run a acc wire off the fuse box to the red wire on the radio. You will lose your door chimes and on star. But to most that's not that big of a deal

The right one is metra gmos-01 if non Bose, or gmos-04 if Bose, or the PAC equivlient. I don't know the PAC # because I delt with metra, but the PAC unit is better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I pulled the factory stereo out today and there is another pull that's black the harness that you recommend only has one plug what is the little black plug for?

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's been awhile, but I wanna say it's for the onstar. The 04 I just did, had Bose, but no onstar, and it didn't have the 2nd plug. I used the 70-2003 on it, along with a aswc for the steering wheel controls

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I don't have OnStar but knowing that the 70-2003 works makes me feel better I also bought the aswc was it easy to install?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah. Ran a red wire to the fuse box on the drivers side for acc power. I used a small pick, and depinned the dimmer wire out of the 2003 harness, and moved it to the a1 spot. Hooked that to the white/green wire off the swc harness. Wired up everything color for color, turned the truck on, held the volume up button on the wheel, and it was done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts