GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it all started when my buddy and I had BDS 6" lifts put on our trucks like a month ago. From the start i didn't think my truck look that big. Not to metion his truck sits a little higher (95 f-150) Well this guy I know has an 01 z71 looks ,identical to mine, He's got a 3"BL and 33's and he sits just as high as i do and a little higher in the back.:flame: So I'm going to get a PA body lift. but i wanted to clear some things up. Are the tow hooks still functional? If not do guys have any pic of some ideas or just the bl it self. Are there any mods to the lower fan shroud. Any other surprises I should know about.I help a buddy put one on his obs but not too sure about the nbs

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
lets see some pictures of your truck man. we can help you better, and i just wanna see em.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya there still stock tires but 31.7 inches tall tho, i just bought 36's so thats another reason for a bl but still.....

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Yeah. 31s on a 6" lift with flat UCAs. :nono: Brings the stuck. That my friend is why you are unhappy.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
DSCN0568.jpg

These things. How much are your torsion bars cranked?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
non yet i really havent thought about it. I want replace the 4" block with a 5.5 or 6" in the rear and either get new keys or a leveling kit for the front

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
non yet i really havent thought about it. I want replace the 4" block with a 5.5 or 6" in the rear and either get new keys or a leveling kit for the front
Well, once you do that and you get your tires... It will be bigger. Duh.:insane:

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Yea I'm sure larger tires and a little crank would a bigger difference than you think. Plus wheels/tires would defintely help with the stance.

Nice truck though!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
that is a beautiful truck! yeah your angles are flatter than anthing. crank that bitch and replace the block. What bulbs are you running in your headlights by the way? Thanks for sharing the pictures!

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
dude your friend with a 3" bl is bigger than you because his tires are 2" bigger...tires are the only real thing that make trucks huge. You put on 36's with just that suspension lift and youll gain like 4-5" just off the tires and your ground clearance will be way better... lift + stock tires = jackshit

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
dude your friend with a 3" bl is bigger than you because his tires are 2" bigger...tires are the only real thing that make trucks huge. You put on 36's with just that suspension lift and youll gain like 4-5" just off the tires and your ground clearance will be way better... lift + stock tires = jackshit
He's only going to gain about 2 inches from the new tires.

Snap some pictures of your front suspension looking at it from the front of the truck. I bet you could crank a couple of inches up front.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wickedgmc - MT mtz 375/60R18

01jackedZ - thanx for the complement. I have Nokya Stage II blubs in the low and hi beams

Well I knew from the start I wasn't going to tower over him, My front already sits just as high as my rear I'm afraid that it will look goofy if i crank it. Anyone think different?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts