GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, any of you know where in the hell I can find some stock UCAs for a '99 silverado? How much should I expect to pay?

Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... Just bought this white '99 with only 15k miles and major powertrain mods. It's sitting at 5/7 (DJM) right now and it's just too low - I can barely get up the driveway...

I thought I was going to raise it to a 2/4 and put stock SS wheels on it. BUT, I am so tempted to just go 4/6 with helper bags... I have fallen in love with the way it looks... I think I could also get some more ground clearance with some 18x8.5s with 255/55/18s...

Attachments

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
the stock UCAs will not raise you back up an inch. I believe you'll have to get the 4" LCA's to accomplish that. You might try talking to a few members who might want to swap them to go down to a 5/7

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
the stock UCAs will not raise you back up an inch. I believe you'll have to get the 4" LCA's to accomplish that. You might try talking to a few members who might want to swap them to go down to a 5/7
Yeah, UCA would just be for alignment .... you just need to raise it up an inch? What about coil spring spacers ... I dunno if the ride would go to shit or not, but it might help... some you put between the coils and crank on them to compress or expand the spring .. and then there are some spacers that go in the coil spring pocket .. might be worth a try.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right.... I was thinking I needed the stock UCAs to use a DJM 2" dropped lower...

I can't decided how far up to go. I am now thinking of just going to a 4/6 with 18s and tall rubber.... just dunno...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's got a 6.0 and a shift kit... I guess that's not too radical in some circles, but it runs really well.

Got a link to more pictures of your truck doing the burnout???

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
The twist in coil spacers make your ride firm as a mofo. A few companies make some spacers that go on top of the coil between the freame and coil. They come in different sizes to increase lift. This is a cheap solution

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
dude, ive never heard of too low, look at how static drives, mine was about as low as yours and i live in shitty Connecticut:read:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts