GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have a set of my stock coils off my 2004 sierra for sale and a guy wants to buy them for his 2000 reg cab silvy, he wants to know if they are the same if and they will work. He actually wants to use one or something because he cut up his stock one. Anyway, are they the same lenght from 2000 to 2004? I know my truck versus my buddies '06, his is like an inch lower factory than mine was, i had to get 1" drop coils to get the same look as my buddy with the same tires and wheels. Anyway, hopefully i can get some response on this by tomorrow so he knows whether or not to buy them from me.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
should be the same size and length.....

put them side by side and see...i understand he cut off a coil...just take a guess on it... depending on how much he cut off.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well he's in texas, but i'll let him know that they are gonna be the same. Worst comes to worse, he can just use both of mine and then it will for sure be level.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
well he's in texas, but i'll let him know that they are gonna be the same. Worst comes to worse, he can just use both of mine and then it will for sure be level.
tell him to just go ahead and replace both of them anyways.

fit at well.

·
Team Black
2,415 Posts
you have an ext cab, right? if you put your coils on his reg cab, his truck will be higher than a normal reg cab will be. I think they are taller and stiffer

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you have an ext cab, right? if you put your coils on his reg cab, his truck will be higher than a normal reg cab will be. I think they are taller and stiffer
Dude don't tell me that. I told him they are the same and he is gonna buy them.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I'm the one that is wanting to buy the springs. How much higher do you think the front of my truck will sit with the ext. cab springs? I wouldnt mind it sitting close to level with the rear, but will it ride like crap if they are a little stiffer than what I have now?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
Yup, ex cab springs are a bit taller & stiffer b/c of the weight of the extra part of the cab. It shouldnt ride any rougher than it normally would but it will sit a little higher in the front like Jeff said.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I have RC springs in the front of my truck...gave me about .75" of drop. problem is I'm still getting drop...as the days pass....

·
Registered
75 Posts
On a side note, what would a 3/5 drop kit be worth if it only had around 3,000 miles on it. It would consist of 3" springs, toxic shocks on all four corners, flip kit in the rear, and 1" lift shackles?

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
have you guys ever heard of a different spring setups for V6s and V8s? i've heard people getting different sizes because of the weight.

·
Dem People
5,664 Posts
have you guys ever heard of a different spring setups for V6s and V8s? i've heard people getting different sizes because of the weight.
Yea they are different. I know of a dude that swapped from a V6 to a V8 and he had to change them b/c it sagged a lot more up front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts