GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can you get those back on w/o the rivets since those were tore up since I put the 2" drop hangers on

·
GMFS MEMBER
42 Posts
sup dude? you can put them back on with bolts, nuts, and some washers. i had to do the same thing when i went from a 4" drop (hangers and shackles) to my current 7" drop ( flip kit and shackle). if possible use grade 8 quality bolts and nuts. they can handle little more torque when you tighten them and they dont rust.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
03sierra said:
sup dude? you can put them back on with bolts, nuts, and some washers. i had to do the same thing when i went from a 4" drop (hangers and shackles) to my current 7" drop ( flip kit and shackle). if possible use grade 8 quality bolts and nuts. they can handle little more torque when you tighten them and they dont rust.
Werd! Hey 03sierra you got any pics of your truck? What drop do you have?

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
That's what I did when I changed from 2" hangers to 3" springs.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah I'd get Grade 8 bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts. Then use a little thread lock, just to make sure ya won't have any worries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts