GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know on my AVIC and other pioneers you can do the relay/toggle switch to get it to play while driving. I have an 09 with Factory nav and want it to play while driving. I know Coasteltech.com sells them but that are $250.

Any other options out there?

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
flight medic
1,457 Posts
so when in park the stock nav unit will play dvd but when in drive it will not. i am sure there is a way to get it to play all the time. hope you can figure it out might get my hands on a cheap stock nav unit.

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so when in park the stock nav unit will play dvd but when in drive it will not. i am sure there is a way to get it to play all the time. hope you can figure it out might get my hands on a cheap stock nav unit.
yeah it suprised the hell out of me but i guess they have been doing that for a few years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The only way I know is an item called a Lockpick and it is a harness that plugs into the factory headunit and enables all the items that are restricted while driving. I know that in most states having a video playing from the front end of the vehicle is illegal therefore factories disable that feature all together. On aftermarket HU the work around maybe be easier due to the fact that you can trick the HU into thinking the vehicle is in park by attaching a line from the HU to the parking brake. From what I can gather its not that simple to do with Factory HU.

The Lockpick is around $200. I know they have different ones that have added features therefore the price goes up. Just google GM Lockpick and you will find it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put one in my car and all I had to do to make it work was ground that wire. It shows the unit it's "closed" or parked.

Check the output with meter to verify it's not powered before doing so.

·
Registered
720 Posts
On factory nav units it usually has the vss wire as a trigger to remove video. Coastaletech lockpicks are great. Just plug and play. I would recommend just getting one of those.

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On factory nav units it usually has the vss wire as a trigger to remove video. Coastaletech lockpicks are great. Just plug and play. I would recommend just getting one of those.
yeah lockpick is what ill do. Thanks guys!

Ebay has the lockpick from them for only around 199. Not to shabby

The lockpick also does some fun stuff like engaging the rear camara while driving, ipod etc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts