GMC Truck Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the pipe diamter is from the headers to the cats and from the cats to the muffler on my 00 3/4 ton 6.0L.

Ive been looking at exhaust systems and dont see any for ECLB, so i wanted to know the pipe size to see if a cat-back would be worth it, or if the pipes were big enough to just get some good mufflers. If a muffle shop used the same size pipes and mufflers as a flowmaster system but didnt mandrel bend them would there be a noticable difference in power?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so am i taking this as NOBODY knows or you know but you're not gonna take 2 seconds of your time to type it in

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well atleast you replied, althought you didnt give me an answer ill give you the credit for replying unlike the other douches

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
well atleast you replied, althought you didnt give me an answer ill give you the credit for replying unlike the other douches
thats a good way to get peoples help :nono:

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dkj1028 said:
thats a good way to get peoples help :nono:
yeah well, not like anyone was gonna help anyways..theres been about 30 ppl that looked at this and atleast one of them has to know and i dont see why they cant just say "3 inches" or "2 inches"...i just dont get it...if someone put up something and i looked at it and i knew the answer or thought i did id giveit a shot...this wouldnt be a problem if i knew every square inch of my truck like some ppl haha :wank:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
yeah well, not like anyone was gonna help anyways..theres been about 30 ppl that looked at this and atleast one of them has to know and i dont see why they cant just say "3 inches" or "2 inches"...i just dont get it...if someone put up something and i looked at it and i knew the answer or thought i did id giveit a shot...this wouldnt be a problem if i knew every square inch of my truck like some ppl haha :wank:
Damn don't be such an a-hole.

It might be 3", it might be 2.5", grab a tape measure and get off your ass and find out...then come tell us.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whifflebat said:
Damn don't be such an a-hole.

It might be 3", it might be 2.5", grab a tape measure and get off your ass and find out...then come tell us.
again i dont know every square inch of my truck, and dont know every detail about it...so for all i know the tail pipe could be smaller then the actual exhaust pipes, why would they do that i dont know, but how am i suppose to know? again, SORRY, im sorry i dont know everything about my truck...thats why im here and thats WHY i asked about the diameter of the pipe, BECAUSE I DONT KNOW

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
hence the tape measure....

:think:

I might be under one later today, but I won't be online till much later. Some of us work.

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
BECAUSE I DONT KNOW
we realize you dont know
so go outside with a tape measure crawl under and measure it right after the cat

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Matt said:
dude you're supposed to know these things...haha just messin...get under your truck with a piece of string. wrap the string around the pipe size you want to know about and mark the length it takes to go once around. measure that length and divide by 3. (a mor accurate answer would be to divide by pi but 3 should get you close to the standard sizing).
yeah everyone was telling me to measure it, and last time i checked how to measure diameter u dont just wrap a tape measure around the pipe, theres something else...so THANK YOU for giving me some helpful information....if i had done it like everyone else had said i woulda came up with the wrong answer

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
comeon man...you don't have to get all pissed if no one answers your question. When that happens you have to take the initiative and find out for yourself.
I really don't know shit about my truck but i ask nicely and 9 out of 10 times i get an answer. You just have to bump the post in the awhile, not get all fired up.
good luck with the tape measure

·
Registered
601 Posts
Use a damn caliper. It'll take 30 seconds. easier than string and math. The $0.99 one they sell at walmart is more than accurate enough for this measurement.

On a 1500 NBS it is 3" to the muffler and 2.75" out the back. However, I think the 2500's are different. So douche, I looked earlier and didn't know the answer. Still don't know, why bother posting unless I have something useful to say. You attitude makes me want to go out of my way and find out too.

BTW, divide by 3.14, that will be much more accurate than just 3.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Every one chill out, since the info has been posted im going to close this thread because it will only cause more problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.