GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering what the rear wheel hp on my truck is....its a 2002 5.3 silverado ext cab, with the 3.73 gears.....anyone know...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so is that 220-230 stock....????????

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im aout to get my truck dynod on the 13th so i will let you all know the results...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Set your standards low and you'll be very excited when it produces more, lol, jk.
I have some dyno graphs somewhere i'll have to find them, lol, but the above mentioned values are pretty close.
Remember though, I've seen low hp numbers on the dyno ,but huge gains in the 1/4 mile, it's wierd and I can't explain it, lol.
Maybe it's the heat, inconsistency of the dyno , etc, but I always try to duplicate the conditions to ensure all variables are as close as possible.
You should see some decent numbers, I always see more than 20hp (on the low side) on a 5.3L and 3.-.5 tenths in the 1/4.

keep us updated,

allen

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
Hey, I know this is a GM forum, but I gotta say this! Allen, PLEASE try and do something for the Hemi motors in the Dodges! Im desperate! :drool: And let me tell yah, youd make a FORTUNE if you came up w/ a programmer or pcm for it! The interest is huge on the Dodge boards!

·
Registered
254 Posts
04HEMI said:
Hey, I know this is a GM forum, but I gotta say this! Allen, PLEASE try and do something for the Hemi motors in the Dodges! Im desperate! :drool: And let me tell yah, youd make a FORTUNE if you came up w/ a programmer or pcm for it! The interest is huge on the Dodge boards!
I know, thanks for reminding me, hahaha, thier code is all dorked up, it's like it's encrypted or something, no read-doh.

I would love to come up with something, but I'm not smart enough to crack their code, I'm sure someone out there is and it will be out soon.

later,

allen

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
04HEMI said:
HELL NO! allen will never go to the dark side! :anitoof:

GM is where its at. :read:

:bowtie:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts