GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else having a problem of putting their stock rims over drop spindles. i got 2 inch drop springs and chassistech 2.25" drop spindles and the tie rod end wont even come close to not hitting the rim, about a 1/2". i cant keep the 20's on there all winter long. any suggestions?

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I'm running 2" belltech drop spindles with a stock rim & tire (235/75/15)
No problems yet..

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Nobody has had any problems with Belltech spindles on OBS trucks... just NBS Belltech spindles :ehcapt:
Sorry I didn't read he's got a NBS.. :banghead:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Nobody has had any problems with Belltech spindles on OBS trucks... just NBS Belltech spindles :ehcapt:
i have driven a truck with the belltechs, i helped take them off. they are made well, but they make you flip the control arms to the other side of the steering knuckle.. this causes your brake caliper to hit the UCA. it decreases your turning radius. for this reason, they suck. Mc Gaughys have no complaints so far from what i have heard...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I wasn't aware of the chassis tech problems, till i baught a 4-6 drop kit. Shame suxxxxx. Check out this pic of the flip kit. I did this the first night i went street racing. Been through four sets of flip kits from them. Thats 80 bucks worth of BS shipping. they told me to totally cut down the flip kit so it sat against the axle and weld it there. Never heard of anyone doin this with belltech or DJM flip kits. Up front i was told chassis tech buys their spindles from the same manufacturer as belltech... not 100% on this. But anyways i had no clearance problems after i got my truck aligned. I was rubbing on the lower control arm at first tho. Def restricted in the turning area as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Golfboy26 said:
man that sux. what was the outcome? get it lined out?

Kyle
Yeah once i got it lined up there was no rubbin. I was always plannin to do hydro's, so the 4-6 was just so i didn't have to drive around a monster truck for a few months. plus i needed the drop spindles to get lower up front anyways. DONT BUY CHASSIS TECH!!!!!

·
CaddyHack
574 Posts
Yea I agree. Chassis Tech is crap! The Belltech Spindles on the NBS also suck majorly. I have them on my truck right now and I am having brake problems with them when I turn fully I lose brake presure. I am going with Mcgaugheys (sp?)when I get the cash. DJM also makes a good kit for the NBS or just BAG IT!

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i also have a breaking problem with my chassiscrap spindles. sometimes i have no pressure, other times its fine. but when i turn all the way it pinches the lines or something and it will actually stop my truck without me even touching the brakes!!! i was like WTF, so i called up chassistech and they said i had to buy their special brakelines which fit their spindles, and they were like $94 for just the front 2 lines. i was really pissed off because they didnt tell me in the firstplace. just like they told me that my rims would fit over their spindles, they were right but it wouldnt fit over the tie rod end, so i had to hurry up and buy new rims and tires, which was the 2000 dollars i had saved up for my bags. man i was(and still is)mad.. DO NOT EVER BUY CHASSISTECH

·
Registered
342 Posts
Gotta love surprises. Also gotta love edgin up during a race and turnin your wheel to much and you lose your breaks. Good times... almost cost me a ton of money. Luckily i pumped em quick and they were good to go. Would be nice if they told you about the problems before hand. their techs are idiots. I faught on the phone with a guy for two hours about the flip kits. Kept changin his story. Got BS in Mechanical Engineering so i know he was wrong... but he wouldn't budge. Anyone fix the break problems without blowin 100 beans on the lines???????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts