GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked upsome stock exhaust for a dmax. what do i need to do now to straight pipe the bi#ch?:ninja:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
i wouldnt straight pipe the dmax,

just cut it off right before the muffler if ou do

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why not?

my dad doesnt want to dump it cause all the black smoke will build up down there

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
ahh then cut the muffler out of it and weld the piping back together

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what im going to do. but it starts low and end high. so im trying to find dome pictures of how they bent it etc. i know one person on heres done it because he told me how he did it but i cany remember

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah thats what im going to do. but i need to know what angle the bends are

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah im not sure why they did this!! it entrs low and exits high..i talked to twotoneand his was straight through also..

·
Registered
195 Posts
stock exhaust is 3.5in. you could fab up the bend with some U bend from summit or an easier solution woudl be to cut off the rear hanger and drop the whole pipe down a couple inches to where it lines up. then just weld on a longer hanger. i doubt it would interfere with anything with just droping it an inch or two.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think we have it all figured out..its an 03 lb7, crewcab longbed

·
05 Jacked GMC
80 Posts
I got the 4" MBRP put on awhile ago and just recently took my truck into a muffler shop and got them to cut out the muffler and weld in a chunk...so its straight piped 4" from the turbo back, sounds so badass....like a jet taking off.
DO IT!

·
Free us our blind state
421 Posts
Some guys use a couple 45s and some pipe to do the curve. I used some stock pipe from another truck and used the curves out of it.

·
Bla*k *n Bla*k
6,479 Posts
I got the 4" MBRP put on awhile ago and just recently took my truck into a muffler shop and got them to cut out the muffler and weld in a chunk...so its straight piped 4" from the turbo back, sounds so badass....like a jet taking off.
DO IT!
fuck yeah, best mod ever :bowtie:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some guys use a couple 45s and some pipe to do the curve. I used some stock pipe from another truck and used the curves out of it.
do you have any pictures? i have one off an 07 ccsb i cut up and i thng itll work but im not sure yet.

and i wish i could afford 4 inch right now. buuut i just baought an edge juice!:read:

·
Free us our blind state
421 Posts
I don't have any pics on my computer of it. If you look on dieselplace you might find some. If you just want a straight pipe with no muffler in 4 inch these guys seem to be priced decent.

http://www.pinnaclepowerexhaust.com/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Straight pipe is the shiznit. I have the MBRP with front pipe, no cat, no muffler, etc. and it sounds mean. Sounds like a jet. My favorite is when the truck is cold.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts