GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anything rong with straits...im probably gonna get them this weekend..i was wondering if in the long run if it screws up your truck anyway...

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Straight pipes? Wont fuck anything up, you'll just lose Backpressure (horsepower) and make your truck sound like shit.

Dave

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Straight pipes? Wont fuck anything up, you'll just lose Backpressure (horsepower) and make your truck sound like shit.

Dave
I made that mistake too, but backpressure is supposedly bad. You want scavenging.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so do u think its alright to do cuz i dont wanna spend alot of money but i want it to sound good and i got a buddy with the same truck and its real loud

how much horsepower do u lose

and wont it also help in gas mileage some too

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
here we fukin go again :nono: .... would you usearch this topic and see what the general consensus is about this.... :read:

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Straightpipes = shit
Eventhough my truck has the cats and straights, I don't like it. I bought it like that though. I hate the cool 16 year olds around here that have them. It pisses me off every time they go by my house or meet me in the road.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
dont run straights dude..as mentioned, get a dynomax bullet if you want it to be loud...the 16" bullet will suit you well:imo

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Not as much as the tickets for straight pipes will.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Shit Professor Jim.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I hate straight pipes...look like shit, sound like shit, illegal, and run by 75% of high schoolers with Z-71's across the country.

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Donate me some mufflers then. I bought mine with straights and its TOO loud. It does still have the cats, but blah on them.

Oh yeah, mine was previously owned by a highschooler :D

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
what happened to the ford?

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
$1000/month happened.

That bish got traded in and I came out good.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
$1000 a month....:puke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts