GMC Truck Forum banner

Strange interior lights?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  gerald drum 
#1 ·
I replaced all my interior lights to led's over a year ago everything was smooth till a couple months ago the passenger side map light l.e.d. "burnt out" I went to replace it and no dice. The other day my buddy and I were working on replacing all my stock speakers and I figured id replace the led on the passenger door since it too was "burnt out". Go to try and couple led's and again no dice. Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong or what I need to check? My drivers side and dome light are just fine..

Also my drivers side led's will shut off on their own right shortly after the key is turned forward and the door open and came back on and do the same crap.

#2 ·
If the left and right side of truck are on different fuses could be a blown fuse, I had that issue on my dads truck, except his rear running light and license plate light on the drivers side were "burnt out" until I used the Haynes manuals wiring diagrams and found the left and right are on seperate fuses, checked the box and there it was a blown fuse, hope that helps any

Sent from Team Sierra

#7 ·
I'm having a different problem. I was changing to led lights on the overhead map lights there was a spark and now everything works EXCEPT the switches on any of the map lights won't turn on the lights. I have visually checked all the fused (didn't use a meter dumb) but all fused appear to be good HELP!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.