GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i was wondering if anyone has seen this setup in person yet? for some reason i really like it....let me know your opinions on it and whether or not you've seen one before....thanks

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I think it looks pretty cool but required the handle to be shaved to look good. If you are going to shave the handle i'd just leave the top of the gate smooth (and fill in the four holes) since that'll look better in the long run. It looks good in the photo like i said, but possibly tacky in person depending on fit and finish? Another option would be a stock SS tailgate cap, much more low profile ;)

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I think its a neat idea, but its one of those things I'd have to see it in real life to make a final judgement. If it was me I'd just as soon get a bed cover and not worry about the cap at all.

Or the SS bed cap idea from Y2KSierra is intriguing...

Whatever option you choose remember the number one rule (IMO)...color matching :read:

·
Wheel guy
700 Posts
That is my friend Tom's truck. It looks clean in person.

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
HumanZoom said:
I think its a neat idea, but its one of those things I'd have to see it in real life to make a final judgement. If it was me I'd just as soon get a bed cover and not worry about the cap at all.

Whatever option you choose remember the number one rule (IMO)...color matching :read:
oh, so :word:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
HumanZoom said:

:word: The SS cap is much less aggressive

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nothing functional, but sure looks nice. When dropping the tailgate, you might have to hold the handle from the inside instead of the wing depending on the rigidity of the mount. Seems inconvenient.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts