Votes: 7 53.8%
  • no

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Personally I would shave the stake pockets and get a gaylords tonneau with a spoiler but if i didnt have the cash i would go that way.. Looks clean :head:

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Is the bed carpeted in that pic? If you carpet the inside w/o a bed cover, doesn't that mean you can't drive it in the rain :think: or is the carpet extra and the bed kit just include the rail caps and the tailgate spoiler? I think it looks slick, but I would still go for a bed cover...

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
bed rug... i believe its water proof. I personally want to get one and the couch/bed option :anitoof:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
bed rug... i believe its water proof. I personally want to get one and the couch/bed option :anitoof:
I think it's the same marine grade carpeting that they use in boats ...

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I like it. but i think it will look alot difference with a non-shaved tailgate. and if you are shaving your tailgate i'd leave all that stuff off anyway, since nothing looks cleaner than shaved smooth :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
The bedrug made by BEDRUG. It all zippers together as 1 piece and runs approximately $325-$350. I had the Lloyds bed kit, and it was fine with the rain (not water proof), didn't fly out because it was velcro'd, and had some padding so it didn't form into the railing in the bed. The BEDRUG kit is on the waiting list to match my Gaylords carpeted tonneau. Truck is nice, but I opt for the cover. Easy for someone to walk by and snag the carpet out. :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
:nono: Just shave the pockets. The prices some of the shops charge around here you could get your stake pockets shaved and bedsides painted for what you can get the kit and have it painted for. Plus shaving the pockets won't really devalue the ride because most people don't notice them gone and I hardly see them used anymore. I really don't like the kit cause it looks kinda like a wing on the tailgate and that's just wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts